Between the Regional Convention, the International Convention, and planning your inductions, I know everyone has been busy. I would like to take a moment, though, to give you some updates and reminders.
I am so proud of our region! We had eighteen chapters present in San Jose and the entire region did well during the Awards Gala (brief summary located at end of letter). More importantly, we showed outstanding unity. Many chapters cheered anytime a fellow chapter was called and the entire region went wild when Alpha Zeta Iota (Northwest Shoals Community College – Phil Campbell) was named Most Distinguished Chapter. I hope everyone got to attend lots of the forums and can put the information received to use.
Now is the time to start planning this year’s projects. The upcoming Honors Institute, in June, and the Regional Mock Chapters, in July, are great assets for understanding the Honors Study Topic and the process behind a successful project. They also count toward your chapter’s Five Star Development. Remember that your regional team is also here to assist you.
I would also like to thank Pi Pi (Jefferson State Community College – Jefferson) for inviting me to their induction on the 29th of March. I had a great time speaking and working alongside them. If any other chapters would like myself or their District Vice President to attend their induction, simply email a request to Nora or the person requested.
- Alabama named as Distinguished Region
- Five Star Development: 1 Level One, 1 Level Three, 1 Level Four, and 16 Level Five
- Member/Officer Awards: 1 Distinguished Member, 2 Distinguished Chapter Officers, and 4 Distinguished Chapter Officer Teams
- Advisor Awards: 1 Paragon Award for New Advisors, 3 Distinguished Advisors, and 2 Continued Excellence Awards
- Administrator Awards: 1 Distinguished College Administrator and 1 Shirley B. Gordon Award of Distinction
- Chapter Awards: 6 named in Top 100, 8 Distinguished College Project Awards, 6 Distinguished Honors in Action Project Awards, 4 Distinguished Honors in Action Theme Awards, 5 Distinguished Chapter Awards, 1 Beta Alpha Continued Excellence Award, 2 Most Distinguished Chapter Finalists, and the Most Distinguished Chapter Award
- 2013 Honors Institute (June 17-22 at Villanova University in Villanova, PA)
- 2013 District Mock Chapter events (July 12 at Wallace Community College in Selma, AL and July 26 at Calhoun Community College in Decatur, AL)
- 2013 Regional Honors in Action Leadership Conference (September 13-14 at the 4-H Conference Center in Columbiana, AL)
- 2014 Regional Convention (March 7-8 at the Shelby campus of Jefferson State Community College in Birmingham, AL)
- 2014 Annual Convention (April 24-26 at the Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Resort in Orlando, FL)
Alabama Regional President